My First Time
- Because you haven't worked as a contractor before, your pitch to prospective clients will be especially important. Do your homework; you can't know too much.
- Consider charging below-market rates at first. You can always raise your rates for subsequent clients.
- Remember that your first client is a new component in your arsenal of marketing resources. Seek referrals.
- When you attend association meetings and seminars about subjects in your field, be proactive: mingle and ask questions.
- Supplement your own marketing efforts by registering with an online directory of IPs and/or signing up with a placement agency.