The 1099 Index asked a series of open-ended questions to allow
America's independent workers to more freely express themselves. Here's
a sampling of what IPs
had to say:
Why Do You
Love Being an IP?
Why Did You
Become an IP?
- I wouldn't have it any other way. I love what I do.
- I can arrange my own time and set my own hours.
- I like the unlimited earning. Much better money.
Would You Ever Consider
a Traditional Job?
- I didn't like office politics and making money for somebody else.
I did that for 19 years and got tired of it.
- You get paid well -- really well -- for doing something you love.
- I needed and wanted to control my own destiny.
- I can't imagine anything that would make me go back to all that.
- Only if I had no other choice.